Friday, December 13, 2013

Our Secret - Chapter 2


“But.. how?” said Kanon.

 “Just so you know, I don't look like this normally”said Yagami and pointed his finger at his face.

“Yeah, normally you look very creepy and nerd. Almost like an otaku”

 So, that's what you people said about me behind my back.

 “Honestly Yagami, I don't recognize you at all. I mean, why are you pretending and disguising yourself. You have a pretty face. If you tied your hair this, people are going to notice you.A lot of girls will like you”

  “You see, I am in a....”

 Kanon's phone is beeping.

 “I am sorry Yagami, if you don't mind. If you're thirsty, you can drink something from the kitchen. I have things to do at the back.”Kanon said quickly. 

 “Wait, Kimoto-san, I had..”

 “Make yourself at home “shouted Kanon as she limped quickly to her brother's room. (Her ankle twisted remember) Kanon almost forgot about her brother. She quickly gave medicine to her brother and making sure that everything is in right place.

 You can call Kanon, a perfectionist. She did her work carefully and she is very hardworking. She got high marks in academics and physical education. Once, she got an offer from the student council as a runner-up for the upcoming student president but she declined it because of her personal problem. However, she did help the student council doing reports and other behind-the-scene stuffs. Well, what you expect from the honor student, Kanon handled them very well.

 “Kimoto-san, I have to go and thank you for your treat”said Yagami.

 ....................

 .................

 “What are you doing here Yagami? Who told you, you could come to this room?”Said Kanon. She was very angry. This is her secret. Yet, this Yagami, naively went into this very room. Obviously,Yagami saw her sick brother lying on the bed with other medical equipment in this room.
 
“I’m sorry Kimoto-san, I didn't mean to. I did knocked but I assumed you didn't hear me”

Kanon ushered him to the living room.

 “Kimoto-san I had to go now and I am sorry about earlier.”

Kanon didn't answer him but nodded.

 Yagami was very clueless. He tried to talk to her but she remained silent.

“Look, Kimoto-san, I don’t know why you angry with me. Whatever I did, I really am sorry” Said Yagami guilty.

But, Kanon stay silent.

“Ok then, I will be going now”

Yagami went out without looking at Kanon, afraid that he might do something that will make Kanon angry. 

I’ll apologize to her tomorrow. But I wonder what I have done actually.

That night, at Kanon’s house.

That Yagami, how dare he enter that room. I will kill him tomorrow.

SCHOOL

“For the last time Kimoto-san, I am very sorry.”

But still, no answer from Kanon.

Yagami did everything he could. When the recess bell rang, he stands up from his seat and dragged Kanon to the rooftop. Their classmate were talking and whispering. Well, who wouldn’t, the popular girl Kanon and the creepy Yagami. Sounds like weird couple. Yagami took the risk.

“Kimoto-san I will do anything to make you forgive me. Anything” begged Yagami.

Kanon grinned.

“Anything you said”

She pulled a piece of paper

“What is this?”asked Yagami.

“You said, you will do anything right?” Kanon smirked.

That afternoon, Yagami went to Kanon house. He was panting and sweating. He cursed in his breath. I am not going to do this anymore. This is crazy.

He knocked on the door.

“Welcome back Yagami”

Yagami slumped on the floor and handed the plastic bag to Kanon. His hand was shaking.

“Please don’t let me do that anymore”he said.”Those plump obasans were like monsters. I don’t know how I manage to grab those eggs. They pushed me. Kimoto-san, please I am very sorry.”he bowed on the floor; begging.

Kanon patted his head.

“Nice work Yagami”said Kanon innocently.”I was going to go to market but Takayangi-san insist me to help her with her work. At the same time, that sale was so cheap, so I don’t to miss that cheap eggs”Kanon laughed lightly.

Yagami was amazed. How can she go to that crazy sale with her small body? She is scary.

“Come in Yagami-san, I made you curry”

Yagami’s eyes were shining. Finally!

“This is delicious Kimoto-san, I am so happy”

He looked like a little boy, eating his food happily.

“Yagami-san, why are disgusing? You looked different at school but when you are outside, you are like another person. Why is that?”

“You know the rules, Kimoto-san. Our school doesn’t allow their students to do a part time job. I have this thing that I do when I’m not at school.”he said quietly.

“and…. What is it?”

“I work at the nearest club in this neighborhood.”

“Are you a host?”Kanon was shocked.

“Hahaha, this is why I don’t let others know what I do. They often misunderstand the situation. Of course I work at a club but I am not a host. I play saxophone and piano there.”he said and smile.
“So, are your parents poor? I am sorry if I offend you Yagami-san”

“No, no, they own a bakery near the station. I work at the club, so that maybe some people will recognize my talent. Kimoto-san you know that I am not that good in academics. I think, I am going to work hard in music. Maybe this where my future is going to be.”

Then, Kanon’s phone beeping. She ran to her brother’s room and doing her work. After a while she went out to the living room. She found Yagami sitting on the couch.

“Who is that?”

Kanon didn’t answer. She clenched her fist then she sighed.

“He is my brother. He involved in an accident years ago. It was fatal. He did recover but he cannot move his body. My father did everything he could but still there is no cure. At the same time…”Kanon stopped and held her breath.”At the same time, my mother was having an affair with that man. She lived with him since then” 

Kanon sat on the nearest chair and closed her face. Yagami didn’t dare to move or doing anything.  He was trying to give Kanon some space to spill out everything that she hold in her heart.

“I don’t want to share this thing with my friends. I don’t want them to pity me. And I had to maintain my status. And…” Kanon cried, losing her courage to speak.

Out of sudden, Yagami hugged her. He comforted her and squeezed her shoulder.

“It’s okay Kimoto-san , I am here. You were strong. You’ve done very well. Please let me share your pain.”
Kanon stopped crying. As if his words, were the things that she had been waiting all this time. A comforting words. And a hug.

Yagami smiled at her. The sweetest smile Kanon ever seen. He is so cute.

“I am sorry Kimoto-san, I am going to work now. See you tomorrow at school.”
He picked his bag and put on his shoes. Kanon stepped beside him.

“Thank you, Kumi”she said and called him by his surname.

Yagami stopped and raised his head at the sound of his name coming from Kanon’s mouth. He looked at Kanon, trying to make sure of what he heard. Kanon wiped her tears and looked back at him. He smiled.
“You’re welcome Kanon”he patted her head and left.

Kanon smiled at his touch. Something is growing inside her. Something that is very pure. A new secret that only she know. Not her friends and not that boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment